OVERNIGHT ROBBERY: Five Arrested |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
The Fort Dodge Police have arrested two in connection of an overnight burglary.
According to a press release, on Wednesday, January 23rd, at 9:30pm, officers with the Fort Dodge Police Department were dispatched to 1325 4th Avenue South in reference to several subjects that were believed to be inside the residence. The caller was a neighbor that told the dispatcher that the owner of the house was out of town and the house was currently vacant.
When officers arrived, two subjects later identified as Breon Grady, 18, and Jesse Rasmussen, 19, ran from the rear of the residence as the officers approached the house. Breon stopped when ordered by police and was taken into custody without further incident. Rasmussen continued to run, but was apprehended two blocks away.
Three additional subjects, Nicholas Gordon, 20, Anthony Harris, 19, and Samuel Humphrey, 20, were located when officers returned to the residence. According to Fort Dodge Police Chief Tim Carmody, all subjects were detained and taken to the Webster County Law Enforcement Center for questioning.
Throughout the investigation, officers indicated that all five of the subjects had participated in the burglary of the vacant house, and two of the suspects admitted to being inside the house twice to remove items.
All of the items that were taken were recovered by officers in the area of 1300 5th Avenue and outside the house of the burglary.
The subjects and their charges are listed below. All of the subjects that were arrested are considered innocent until proven guilty by a court of law:
1. Breon Grady (18) of Fort Dodge – Burglary, 3rd Degree – D Felony
2. Jesse Rasmussen (19) of Fort Dodge – Burglary, 3rd Degree and Interference with Official Acts – both D Felonies
3. Nicholas Gordon (20) of Fort Dodge – 2 counts of Burglary, 3rd Degree – D Felony
4. Anthony Harris Evans (19) of Fort Dodge – 2 counts of Burglary, 3rd Degree – D Felony
5. Samuel Humphrey (20) of Webster City – Aiding and Abetting Burglary 3rd Degree – D Felony